cold weather

Help Support CattleToday:

Well you folks east and south of us better dig out your woolen long handles- because the cold we have now is supposed to move east and south starting tonight...

Temp this morning was 36 Below (neighbor a mile down the river had his thermometer bottomed out at 40 Below)- and the temp only got up to 18 Below all day...
Predicting a low of 26 Below tonight- and high of 7 ABOVE :shock: tomorrow as warm chinook air pushs this cold out....
I'm anxiously awaiting the Chinook....

Oldtimer":17lelmei said:
Well you folks east and south of us better dig out your woolen long handles- because the cold we have now is supposed to move east and south starting tonight...

Temp this morning was 36 Below (neighbor a mile down the river had his thermometer bottomed out at 40 Below)- and the temp only got up to 18 Below all day...
Predicting a low of 26 Below tonight- and high of 7 ABOVE :shock: tomorrow as warm chinook air pushs this cold out....

That is seriously freakin' cold.
On the good side, I hear you don't have much trouble with snakes.

john250":1pgfqspp said:
Oldtimer":1pgfqspp said:

That is seriously freakin' cold.
On the good side, I hear you don't have much trouble with snakes.

Nope- but I do keep a bottle of snakebite medicine handy in case of those snowsnakes !!! ;-)

For those suffering in the bitter cold- you need to look at this....It offers hope....

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.a ... &article=7

Did you see on the news where all the iguanas were falling out of the trees cause they were too cold? Sombody put some in their car,where they warmed up! Lots of green lizards scutteling around almost caused a wreck :lol2:

We are in NW Alabama right now. Last week we had the same temps as the Wyoming ranch daytime highs in the 30s, lows in the teens. Last night on the local weather they were predicting up to 1" of snow for this afternoon, they were urging everyone to get to the store to buy milk and supplies. The banner was listing all the school closings for the next 2 days.

This AM it was 9 (above) and by the time the skiff of snow got here it warmed up to 34. The six o'clock news was all about all the wrecks and closed hi-ways around Huntsville.

THE MOST BIZARRE THING I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!

Its 8 degrees here this morning with below zero wind chill, very cold.

Ryder":o5rfi8ms said:
Those freezing iguana things that I saw were in Florida.
Wish all the snakes would freeze to death. :mad:

Fat chance of that Ryder, some how those evil creatures will thrive on it, they'll be thicker than ever.

Larry

chance of snow flurries just to the northside of Orlando today and tomorrow. It was 24 degrees yesterday morning right as the sun got up

larryshoat":m01smvjv said:
Ryder":m01smvjv said:
Those freezing iguana things that I saw were in Florida.
Wish all the snakes would freeze to death. :mad:

Fat chance of that Ryder, some how those evil creatures will thrive on it, they'll be thicker than ever.

Larry
Yea, I know. Was just wishing.
They go in holes and their temperature mechanism is different. I wonder if that geothermal heat they were talkiing about on another thread has anything to do with it? :???:

Have to check with algore about all this. :lol2:

i know our heat an a/c unit can not keep the house warm in these temps.the wood inset is burning full blast right now.

If you've got a pot of water simmering to add moisture to the air,put about a teaspoon of pickleing spice in it,it makes the house smell great.. :D

Sorry guys we were in the mid 40's today.
Feels like a heat wave after the below zero weather we have been having.

I luv herfrds":1r7ncm09 said:
Sorry guys we were in the mid 40's today.
Feels like a heat wave after the below zero weather we have been having.

I can't wait till it gets down here. Maybe Tuesday.

One peculiar thing is that the cows spend alot of time grazing when they have hay to eat. I wouldn't have expected that. I don't recall too many times we've had temps this low for this long so I don't have anything to base it on. They are doing good.

Got up to 39f yesterday from the 16f low. Stock ponds had 1/2 of ice across them. Haven't had them freeze over in years. 3 water leaks. Nothing major, just water hoses except for the water fountain in the shop. Haven't opened it up to see.

This morning it is 21f, no wind and clear skies.

yes our pools have been frozen over as well.yesterdays high temp was 38.the low this morning was 24 current temp is 34.

Latest posts