Cold Starts

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_jenna

Reaction score
Did everything start today in this cold weather? What do you have to start for chores? We have a 4255 deere at our place with a loader/bale chopper, and skid steer. If needed, only the skid steer needs to be started. Both started ok today, they were in a cold machine shed plugged in. At the dairy farm, there is a wheel loader, tmr tractor and 2 skid steers to start. All started eventually, wheel loader was not sure at first. Skids are in freestall, so its a little warmer for them. Hope everyone got things going!
Jenna

I had to shake my wife out of the house to help pull start my tractor.

My equip. and big trucks stays plugged in this time of the year and starts fine. However my 4-wheeler I didn't put on trickle charger did not start.

Not sure how our power bill breaks down as far as the house and the outside stuff but it is around 150 bucks a month for the entire farm in the winter. That includes stock tank de-icers, fence charger, keeping trucks and tractors plugged in, welding, running an outdoor wood stove and furnace blower inside, etc.

Took 3 tries before I was able to get out of bed.
Ha, sounds like my son, never did get him going, he hears no-school and that's it, he's dead to the world.
Jenna

the 7040 cranks just fine with the glow plugs.but its only used once a weel to put out 8 bales of hay a wk.