cleaning tractor hydraulics

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie":37nup0s9 said:
An easy way to clean tractor couplers is with a can of starting fluid .Its works real well .

Hey frenchie, that starting fluid is very flammable. Ya might just use brake cleaner. Not as flammable and works just as well. Just a thought.

personally i prefer contact cleaner not flamable!!
AVERY!! all it takes is once!!!!!! crispy critter! :eek:

If I'm not mistaken hydraulic fluid is pretty flammable too. Is brake cleaner? Seems like it but maybe not. Not alot of help here just thinking out loud. Well not really out loud but you get the point... I'll stop before I hurt myself. :D :D

J":1i925357 said:
If I'm not mistaken hydraulic fluid is pretty flammable too. Is brake cleaner? Seems like it but maybe not. Not alot of help here just thinking out loud. Well not really out loud but you get the point... I'll stop before I hurt myself. :D :D

I can throw a burning cigarette in hydraulic fluid or even a lit match. I wouldn't try that with Ether. I suspect the propellant in brake cleaner is flammable but not near as much as starter fluid. Hey, I have done the same thing but I just wanted to give an alternate that works also.

I prefer to clean my hydraulick quick connects with no more tears baby soap, as it causes less friction on the fitting and it doesn't get tearry eyed when I'm using it.

Sorry, my heads ready to explode, what a day.

msscamp":f0zwzdgj said:
dun":f0zwzdgj said:
I've alwasy just used the tail of my shirt

dun

No shop rags, huh? :lol: :lol:

That's what shirt tails were invented for. A shop rag you lay down and never have it at hand when you need it, shirt tails you alwasy have with you. Wife has never been thrilled with the concept, but after 35 plus years she's finally adjusting.

dun

dun":1pua4gi6 said:
msscamp":1pua4gi6 said:
dun":1pua4gi6 said:

dun

That's what shirt tails were invented for. A shop rag you lay down and never have it at hand when you need it, shirt tails you alwasy have with you. Wife has never been thrilled with the concept, but after 35 plus years she's finally adjusting.

dun

Hard to argue with logic like that! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

msscamp":153x1ug8 said:
dun":153x1ug8 said:
msscamp":153x1ug8 said:
dun":153x1ug8 said:

dun

dun

Hard to argue with logic like that! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dun, guess that you are a better teacher than me, I've been trying longer than that to convince mine that oil and grease on a shirttail is a natural occurance.

Cabo":cconup74 said:
Dun, guess that you are a better teacher than me, I've been trying longer than that to convince mine that oil and grease on a shirttail is a natural occurance.

Rahter than adjusting I probably should have said "given up"

dun