Circle J Trailers Pros and Cons

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
have never heard of a circle J main thing is look at construction see how the welds are and how things are fitted also make sure the axles are heavy enough personally would want 7k axles as a minimum check the gates to see how the latches are constructed and if they aregonna bend in the middle and as far as how many hd would depend on their size and distance hauling them should be able to haul 10-12 500lb calves if not traveling over a few miles I have a 7x24 and have had 16 hd in it but wasn't going about 3 miles

If you can only fit 12 calves in a 24x7 you should get a hot shot.If you have the money buy aluminum it will hold it's value for alot longer,but the steel might not rust to much out in Arizona compared to a place like say Tenn.

EAT BEEF":2avefme8 said:
If you can only fit 12 calves in a 24x7 you should get a hot shot.If you have the money buy aluminum it will hold it's value for alot longer,but the steel might not rust to much out in Arizona compared to a place like say Tenn.
Sorry I made a typo should have been 800lbs not 500 and I don't crowd them if I need to haul very many I get out the 40 ft and semi usually only move a small amount with the small trailer

baxter78":1y7h58hv said:
EAT BEEF":1y7h58hv said:

I am in kansas.

Thats nice,what took you to kansas?

EAT BEEF":1t26a4da said:
baxter78":1t26a4da said:
EAT BEEF":1t26a4da said:

I am in kansas.

Thats nice,what took you to kansas?

A keyboard.

baxter78":1jnayno4 said:
EAT BEEF":1jnayno4 said:

I am in kansas.

By way of Tenn????

Love the keyboard remark, hit that ine on the head!!! :D :D :D

baxter78":2ld4b9od said:
I am looking into purchasing a 20 ft 6.8 wide steel Circle J gooseneck trailer. Is anyone familiar with them? What are the pros and cons? I looked at a 20 ft true 7 foot wide stohl at 7300 it was a little more than I wanted to give for it to sit there about six months out of the year. The steel circle j appears to be built well and I can get it for 5900 which to me seems a fair price as steel has gone way up here lately. i know in a 24 foot 7 feet wide trailer I once got 12 calves in there. Four in front, four in middle, then four in back. I was wondering about how many I could fit in that 20 foot 6.8 wide trailer? I was figuring maybe 9 or 10.

Seems for me length needs to be a multiple of "8" feet. Seems to fit mature and larger framed cattle better..16....24...32

Latest posts