CIDRs

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
The synch thread brought a question to mind.

How many people that use CIDRs reuse them?

I'll put my two cents here as well.

yep. 3 times works a treat for me, cattle and goats. I havent been game enough to try more than three because its highly important for me to get those kids/calves on the ground every time, and they need to be sync'd

Just ask Dun and you will get the right answers -- no need in spewing false info ya know ---
What I do -- If I don't know the answer>>> I don't post
for example today when someone was put off about how I didn't mention Murray Grays in my topic-- I don't know diddly about MG's
so I didn't Post.

Keren":2wonrwkn said:
but then when someone offered you their opinion and experiences with MGs, you didnt respond :???:
yes I did --keep reading

kenny thomas":1u214woj said:
I love it. 4C told Dun to ask Dun for advice.
kenneth -- the reason dun asked this question to begin with is he posted incorrect info in another thread about how the CIDR's in the US COULD NOT be used more than once and instead of being embarrassed over my correction of him --he opened a new post here today--- so that is why I told him to just ask around and ppl will give you the correct answers--- Dun sometimes posts poo poo when he should be sitting back and reading -- kinda like you Kenneth

4CTophand":3t7ot1fi said:
kenny thomas":3t7ot1fi said:
I love it. 4C told Dun to ask Dun for advice.
kenneth -- the reason dun asked this question to begin with is he posted incorrect info in another thread about how the CIDR's in the US COULD NOT be used more than once and instead of being embarrassed over my correction of him --he opened a new post here today--- so that is why I told him to just ask around and ppl will give you the correct answers--- Dun sometimes posts poo poo when he should be sitting back and reading -- kinda like you Kenneth

I'm glad you can read minds. The reason I asked was to find out how common it is. The backwards hillbillys around typicaly use the US ones once when the mexican ones were used twice.

How many people that use CIDRs reuse them?
Dun, I use them primarily in setting up cattle for embryo work. I always use a new one on my donors but will use them twice or three times on recips. I have always gotten good results using them this way.

Circle H Ranch

I'm wondering if possibly the strength of them has been increased someimte after they started being made for the US.

Keren":1bgs8ver said:
You may have a point there. It was probably almost year ago that I was talking about them on these boards.

I don;t recall when we quit using the Mexican ones. Seems like at least 4-5 years ago. I think it was while we were still on the other farm, so that may be even closer to 6 years ago.

Used the one I got last year twice. Vet doesn't like using it more then twice. He has a customer that uses them once and then throws them away.
Going to try the AI'ing again this year, hopefully it works this time.

4CTophand":2vjboejx said:
Dun sometimes posts poo poo when he should be sitting back and reading -- kinda like you Kenneth[/b]

My, your about a smooth as 40 grit sandpaper. I wonder what worldy experience and education a fine person such as yourself has had to become such an omnipotent one?

I use my once and toss them. I am always concerned about storing them in a dry environment. If those of you who use them twice have good results, how do you store them inbetween breeding seasons? This year, I will have a spring and fall breeding season where I will use CIDRs. How do I store them over the summer so I can use them again in the fall?

We use them once, I was tld that cidrs from other countries (Canada, Aust, and Mexico I think?) were manufactured stronger and could be used twice. I guess i'm a chicken about infections and I want to keep a very tight calving season so the $8.93/hd is worth it. If a calf is 21 days late it will cost us more than that.

Latest posts