chute design

Help Support CattleToday:

bsr

Reaction score
I am about to build a chute on some property.We have about 25 heavy duty panels and 2 gates.What is the best way to design this chute.

how wide are the gates? I'[m assuming these are the type that are mounted in a frame that more or less matches the panels.

Ok this is stupid on my part.
What is your plans for this chute? Loading and unloading cattle? Working them and turning out?

Where you put the workin corral all depends on where the best place to put it. High ground, location of where waterers are, where you can easily access it from the other corrals, etc. I'd sooner you draw out a plan, then post it to see what we think, IMHO.

I use the layout in this drawing.

http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6230.pdf
This basic design works great for me.
If you are putting in a working chute you can angle the loading chute off at almost any point with a cutting gate in front of it.
Just make sure you have good access during bad weather. Nothing like getting stuck in the mud when you have to get one to the vet.

novatech":j4cgpxds said:
I use the layout in this drawing.

http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6230.pdf
This basic design works great for me.
If you are putting in a working chute you can angle the loading chute off at almost any point with a cutting gate in front of it.
Just make sure you have good access during bad weather. Nothing like getting stuck in the mud when you have to get one to the vet.

Thanks for posting those drawings. I've been trying to figure out a way to retrofit my working pen and that one is just the ticket. Like a light bulb just came on!

bsr":1s0r4avv said:
I am about to build a chute on some property.We have about 25 heavy duty panels and 2 gates.What is the best way to design this chute.

I have 4 tires with wheels, a battery and a starter and want to build a truck.

What is the best way to design this truck? :lol: :lol:

MikeC":28gf67qb said:
bsr":28gf67qb said:

Mike, we can't help you much without knowing - 2wd or 4wd? :lol: :lol:

MikeC":3qnux5bu said:
bsr":3qnux5bu said:

What size tires you got mike?

MikeC":refoknkj said:
bsr":refoknkj said:

With ford wheels and a chevy starter, you'd best call Junior Samples. He'll know just what you need.

backhoeboogie":2n76bz23 said:
MikeC":2n76bz23 said:
bsr":2n76bz23 said:

With ford wheels and a chevy starter, you'd best call Junior Samples. He'll know just what you need.

Is Junior still at BR-549? :lol:

Jr. Died a few years back but BR-549 was his number. He has a tape out of him telling fish stories. well worth the time to lisiten.

MikeC":5awxf49z said:
bsr":5awxf49z said:

What do you want to do with this truck? :D

Jovid":21rfvinj said:
MikeC":21rfvinj said:
bsr":21rfvinj said:

What do you want to do with this truck? :D

Rent it out as a Limo? :lol:

Yall sure are giving this new feller a lot of great advice here. :shock:

I was fixin' to help with the engine, but seeing I threw a rod in my Cotton Picker I cant help.

Latest posts