Churchill Domino 028X

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US

Reaction score
I came across this Churchill calf that I like today. His sire has been discussed here at CT before.
Churchill%20Domino%20028X.jpg

Here's a link to his information, with links to his EPDs and a video.
http://www.churchillcattle.com/Churchill Domino 028X.htm

George

George I will be the first to admit that I am the one who was bringing up the frame size of calves. I think, looking at this guy, his mom was mated to the right bull. He looks good. Looks like he walks good. Time will tell. I dont think he has missed to many meals though. He may have grown that way on mom and grass but I have my reservations on that.

I like his sire, I like his dam and I like him. He has an outstanding coat, enough bone, good muscle and moves very freely, even his head is pretty acceptable for a L1 influenced bull.

KNERSIE":2lyc8iqn said:
I like his sire, I like his dam and I like him. He has an outstanding coat, enough bone, good muscle and moves very freely, even his head is pretty acceptable for a L1 influenced bull.

Knersie, you probably like him because his is only roughly half "line one".

LOL. :lol2:

WichitaLineMan":20nt23rk said:
KNERSIE":20nt23rk said:

Knersie, you probably like him because his is only roughly half "line one".

LOL. :lol2:

Maybe I should have said I half like him ;-) I was waiting for someone saying he's too yellow.

WichitaLineMan":2vwaavi2 said:
How much ya gonna bid on him George?

I expect he'll be sold in Denver - and a syndicate of "elite breeders" gathered up to buy him. His use will be limited to those breeders, at first, then breeding shares will be sold to some of the "elite breeder wannabes".

I've got my breeding program pretty well mapped out for the next 5 years. By then this bull should be proven and daughters in production. Hopefully, he'll breed true to his type, his EPDs will not change much, and his semen will become more affordable because everyone else will be chasing the newest "kid" on the block.

But it'd sure be neat to see one of the semen companies step up, buy him, and stir up the pot a bit!

Besides, he's TOO yellow for me! :lol: ;-)

George

If I were looking to outcross my L1's, that is about what I would want for a look, but I don't really trust video. I had a bull picked at Jamison's that looked awesome on video but about 3 glances was all it took to see that it was just a little above average in the pen.

That being said, I would really like to see that bull on hoof.

Best 3027 son I have seen. I have always been drawn to 3027, but have not seen a picture or video or live animal by him that looked really good. In fact most looked pretty unappealing to me.

So George thanks for posting a 3027 son that looks like a winner.

WichitaLineMan":dw0a1umn said:
Best 3027 son I have seen. I have always been drawn to 3027, but have not seen a picture or video or live animal by him that looked really good. In fact most looked pretty unappealing to me.

So George thanks for posting a 3027 son that looks like a winner.

WLM, if you browse through the videos of the K&B Dispersion, you'll probably end up liking both Harland and 3027 better. I know I did. Too bad most of those K&B cattle have 23D somewhere in their pedigree. Lots of good looking cattle in that sale.

George

JHH":1bq66a57 said:
George I will be the first to admit that I am the one who was bringing up the frame size of calves. I think, looking at this guy, his mom was mated to the right bull. He looks good. Looks like he walks good. Time will tell. I dont think he has missed to many meals though. He may have grown that way on mom and grass but I have my reservations on that.

He's been clipped and fitted some, but good looking calf. Well balanced, smooth, pretty clean fronted, good legs.

Baldie Maker":18llvc9o said:
I'm curious as to your thoughts on that young bull George? how old was he when the video was shot?

If I can read the code correctly, they shot these videos on August 23 - which would make these bulls both 7 months, 9 days old.

He's a good looking calf as well. - just not quite as flashy as the 028X calf. I'm sure if I hadn't already seen that 028X calf, I'd like him even better. I like the fact that they look like bulls at that young age. Too many bull calves don't show that kind of masculinity until they get older these days.

George

Latest posts