Chuckwagon cooking - Wagons for Warriors

Help Support CattleToday:

I recognize at least one feller from the pictures.

You going to haul his mules to town on the A?

cfpinz":2hv0lkm3 said:
I recognize at least one feller from the pictures.

You going to haul his mules to town on the A?
He doesn;t use his mules, he uses another guys team of Shires for the parade

The 6th Annual Wagons for Warriors cook went great. There were 30 wagons from all over. Besides the usual Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas there was 1 from Indiana and at least 1 and I think 2 from Georgia. They fed a couple of thousand people, a band fomr near Springfield played the whole day. It was supposed to rain but that went away and it was sunny warm and dry the whole day. As usaul, met some great folks. It's kind of funny that peope get a big kick out of these whirligigs that I make and give people. I donated 1 to the auction and couldn;t believe that a goofy bidding war broke out.
Kent Rollins, the cowboy cooking guy(been on the cooking channel several times) had his wagon there and he donated his old hat to the auction. The last I heard they had an opening bid of $1000.
What is great about this Wagons for Warriors deal is that all of the supplys are donated and 100% of the proceeds they receive go the the cause.

About 25 bikers showed up, some kind of combat veteran group. Assimilated right in with the folks. Kind of funny seeing a bunch of hellsangel looking bikers, cowboys and common folks all just mixing as if they were all "just folks". That's one more reason why I really treasure this community. Something else that I forgot was the local race track gave free grandstand tickets to everyone that bought a ticket to eat.

A guy here used to do that sort of thing. He had a two mule wagon but was run over by a Walmart truck on a four lane highway in a 45 mph zone after leaving one of the events here. It was terrible but if there is any silver lining the guys family and grandkids will never have to work if they don't want to because Walmart got cleaned on the lawsuit that followed and if I had to guess I think the pictures of the dead and mangled mules synced the deal.

Jogeephus":27rmmd18 said:
A guy here used to do that sort of thing. He had a two mule wagon but was run over by a Walmart truck on a four lane highway in a 45 mph zone after leaving one of the events here. It was terrible but if there is any silver lining the guys family and grandkids will never have to work if they don't want to because Walmart got cleaned on the lawsuit that followed and if I had to guess I think the pictures of the dead and mangled mules synced the deal.
That idea worries me that some idiot is going to try to bust up the parade. I think of it more since a guy from the Patriot Guard motorcycle group that accompanies military funerals was run down and killed by some idiot trying to beat the funeral procession to an intersection

All it takes is one careless person and you are toast and now you have all these idiots texting. I think that is worse than DUI myself.

Workinonit Farm":3gmi7iwj said:
dun, sounds like its been a great time! So glad to hear of events like this.

Any more pictures?
The WFW facebook page will probably be updated in the next day or 2. I'll try to remember to check and post a link

True Grit Farms":2l4lqc45 said:
I can't access the site. I assume that you have to have the Facebook app.

I suppose, if you're using a phone. If using a PC or Laptop etc, if you have a Faebook account, then it should work.