Chris Ledoux

Help Support CattleToday:

:heart: :cboy: :heart: Love him so much! Riding For a Fall is one of my favorites, but then again I love most of his songs. I think my all time favorite, although not one of his most popular ones is Between the Rainbows and the Rain. Look At You Girl was my wedding song. :heart: :heart:

I don't know who wrote the song, but there couldn't have been a better to sing it.
He truly was one one the good guys

I knew Chris before he ever recorded a song. We both rode Bareback broncs. He was a few years older than me. He was one of those guys who would take time to help a young guy. I know I was one of those guys with worn out tapes by Chris leDoux on the dash board of my pickup. He truly was a very good man.

One thing that impressed me, the wife and I were at Cheyenne Frontier Days a few years back and one of his sons was riding. He wasn't introduced as Chris' son, but his name was announced just like everyone else. We just happened to recognize the name and that he was Chris' son.

Saw Chris the year before he passed in a local bar, best concert I've been to in my life.

Tougher Then The Rest was my wedding song. saw him in Billings years ago. First song I heard of his was This Cowboys Hat.

Loved all of his music.

I wish I still had those old original tapes. I think they were 8 tracks. My favorite song on them was Reride. "He didn't get me good enough they're going to give him one more try."

Thinking about it, I guess I saw him in concert more than anyone else- 4 times that I can remember. I always liked his music and his live show was great. Always seemed like a humble guy, that made him even better.

Commercialfarmer":sll789g2 said:
Thinking about it, I guess I saw him in concert more than anyone else- 4 times that I can remember. I always liked his music and his live show was great. Always seemed like a humble guy, that made him even better.

I had a few those of nights back in my younger days

cross_7":2l1ac66z said:
Commercialfarmer":2l1ac66z said:

I had a few those of nights back in my younger days

:lol2: I'm not suggesting that I never did, but I think my fuzzy memory is more related to age.

Hold tight with a leather fist,
Watch out when he starts to twist.

He was a good man, and a man's man as well. Most folks never heard of Him until Garth mentioned him in a song and recorded some of his music.