Chill Factor

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus

Reaction score
I have an Angus commercial heifer. Would breeding her to him produce a nice base for Maine-Angus calves? http://topsires.com/bulls/chillfactor.html

I kinda want something that will be a good show calf and after that you can turn her out in the pasture and get some real nice calves out of her and have her do her job.

I dont have pictures of the heifer but she's a little above average Angus heifer.

My Angus breed knowledge is limited other than we use an Angus bull to breed our cows, however, Chill Factor is an extremely popular show bull. As long as the heifer is above the Angus breed standard you probably will get some nice calves. Ali and Parker are also nice show bulls you may want to check out. We've had calves from both of these guys and they are phenominal! Our Ali heifer this year is absolutely amazing!

We love our Chill Factor cattle. You'll get a nice half blood that is very versatile.

Regardless of breed, when you breed a "little above average" Cow to a great Bull, your chances of getting really good offspring are slim. On the other hand, when you breed a Great Cow to an above average bull, your chance of really good offspring are much improved.

Since you Angus heifer is commercial, you also don't know the full story of her genetics, which again reduce the odds of producing Foundation cows.

I would suggest you start with a Great, Registered Cow or Heifer. Breed her any way you want, and your odds of producing foundation cows are very good.

151.jpg

Thats her and she has 3 cousins that look just like her. and really sorry about the eyes it was late and im no professional photographer.

Latest posts