Chiania

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1wm4f13w said:
Brandonm2":1wm4f13w said:
In the past, I have advocated that Hereford start a black baldie registry (kind of like Balancers in Gelbviehs or Senegus in Senepols or Sim-Angus in Simmentals). It wouldn't really serve much of a purpose other than increasing interest AS WELL AS padding both registrations and cash flow$$.

So, you're the one responsible for the black hereford association? Shame on you

dun

Yes, somebody finally did it.....though I doubt they talked with me first. The problem is that the Herf assn is not making ANY money off of it though.

I've shown Chiangus since 5th grade and we've had since I can remember. They're beautiful cattle, and they're really coming around. They look much more uniform than they did 5 years ago. Recently there has been less Chiania in the chi cattle and more and more maine/club calf. I personally believe that there should be a certain min. percentage. We have 43 cattle registered that are less than 1% Chiania. As it is, we have the chiford, red chiangus, chimaine, and Chiangus all under the same assoc.

Bullbuyer":2gbj2t9p said:
Diehard40":2gbj2t9p said:
not to mention they are some of the craziest cattle and rough on fences as well

i've always heard that. Any particular reason why they'd be so crazy yet seem to do pretty good in the show ring ?
The Chianina show cattle that I have been around (years ago) were so doped up that they didn't know which way was up.

I am assuming that we are talking about an American registry. Does anyone know if th Italians or europeans are equally as lax in their standards?

My impression was that the chi's were mostly used to increase the frame size in a hurry of the angus breed in the seventies and early eighties.
When people found out they didn't milk enough to feed a sparrow and were sorta, shall we say alert, the popularity of the breed began to wane. They were also a sure way to get a standard quality grade.

At Louisville in 83, I saw a Murray Grey bull get loose and run under the belly of a Chi bull and there was still daylight showing. :D

080.jpg

Wild and cazy!

I don`t like to slame a certain breed of cattle but, my experance with these cattle (only as cross x) was a total loss I have nothing good to say about them except they are BIG. blk mule

Latest posts