Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*

Reaction score
Gonna do a partial ownership on this heifer

This is her donor dam.
100_1092.jpg

Heifer
100_1106.jpg

Sorry bout the picks. She didn't want to stand still. What do ya'll think?

are you buying or selling the 1/2 interest?
Make sure you both agree on terms (ie written document)
easier that way
The heifer is okay, the cow is really chicken legged.

"just a calf" if you ask me. Nothing special but maybe its the picture.

I will refrain from a judgement on the calf. The picture isn't the best, as you already knew. Taking a good picture of a black one is hard. I don't care for how her mother dips in her top line just in front of her hooks (hip bones).

Cowboyup216, it's tail is a normal length for a 3 month old calf. Do you raise cattle, or just buy older calves?

Chris H":1fpxaxyh said:
I will refrain from a judgement on the calf. The picture isn't the best, as you already knew. Taking a good picture of a black one is hard. I don't care for how her mother dips in her top line just in front of her hooks (hip bones).

Cowboyup216, it's tail is a normal length for a 3 month old calf. Do you raise cattle, or just buy older calves?

I don't think the cow dips in her top I think she's just roached up, typical of a lot of Angus cows.

The calf's tail is normal length, but doesn't have much of a switch at all. We call it a "rat tail" and some calves are just born like that. It isn't a big deal.

When I hear 1/2 interest, it usually means big bucks. Gotta be careful, as your spending money on potential. Aside from the initial cost, owning a donor is a huge expense. Between feed and flush costs, can run upwards of $900/month. Too many "donors" in the world, that shouldn't be. From what I can see, she doesn't look like future show/donor potential. Cow doesn't stand out either. But, has she produced other quality calves? Has this mating produced other winners?

Alright, sorry the pics are bad. A 10 year old took them :oops:. The cow is awesome in person. She is Angus (not ours) and she was moving when the pic was taken. This is the 1st time this mating has been tried, but the sire has had a lot of champs. The genetics on this calf are stacked. We saw the calves by this dam (3 heifers) and some others of the same age and the 3 heifers had at least 100 pounds on the others. They are long bodied, wide topped, good butted animals.The reason we chose her is b/c she had the nicest front. I'll try to get some pics when we go over again. 1st/2nd week in March??? She doesn't have much of a switch is all with her tail.
Thanks for the opinions

Latest posts