CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
I added a can of mushrooms and diced them up and mixed in with everything else.
I put them on the smoker at 250.
At about internal temp 140 I topped with ketchup and cooked till they hit about 150 degrees.
I took them off and let them rest while I toasted the the buns.
I think it was in the top 5 of all the burgers I've had.
I think the smoke was a big factor in the flavor.

INGREDIENTS
* 1 1/4 lbs ground beef I use 90% lean
* cooking spray
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup onion finely diced
* 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
* 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
* Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and worcestershire sauce.
* In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, beef, bacon, panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, egg, 2 tablespoons of water and cheddar cheese. 

This reads like a good one. I've been seeing lots of these types of recipes with some being wrapped in bacon. Gotta try some of those.

M-5 said:
is it meatloaf or a hamburger ? two entirely different things

It's made real similar to meatloaf, butwoth the addition of crumbled bacon and cheese formed into hamburger patties and eaten like a burger.

That would be a BIG cheeseburger...especially with 1-1/4 lbs of ground beef.

I prefer green pepper in my meatloaf (bell pepper) and I use uncooked oatmeal instead of the Panko. (I had to google what Panko even is)
Saute 'chopped into large pieces' bell pepper and onions, then mix those in with all other ingredients together, which include (off the top of my head).
2 whole slightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup ketchup
1-2 tablespoons of Worchester.
1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1-1/2 cup raw oatmeal (you can use Quick Oats, but not Instant Oats)
1-2 lbs lean ground beef
1 tablespoon brisket rub or Tony Chachare seasoning

(it's best to mix all the dry ingredients together 1st......seems like I'm leaving something out)

The oatmeal might seem strange but it's as good as the crumbled saltines I used to use and gets me by my low carb diet for diabetes.
I usually cook it in the oven in a large black cast iron skillet at 325F for about an hour or until internal temp is 160 degrees.
Pull it out, stir some brown sugar & ketchup together, put some of that on top and put it back in oven for about 20 minutes.

I've heard you can cook this same recipe on the stove top but I've never tried it.

That's sounds good.
Panko breadcrumbs ar good in lots of things, especially in squash casserole.
On the burgers
I used 1# of Hb and it made four burgers

Latest posts