cheery bomb

Help Support CattleToday:

Moocow11

Reaction score
what do you think of useing alis ona charlais with out a big but. and how about purple inferno on a hereford heifer that dosent have a very big frame. and then how about cherry bomb on a little heifer that needs a little more color some depth and some style. also what bull should i use on a maine heifer that needs some depth and style iwoul dlike to stay maine with her though.

well i dont know about any of the others but the maine one. we have 3 heifers we got from a guy in kansas city and their sire is Bouncer. i dont know if he got his semen and AI'd or if its his herd sire. the threw some nice calves. i really like the heifers i got from him.

Alias on a heifer, don't know his birthweight, but it would probably throw an okay calf. I like Purple Inferno a lot but, again I don't know his birthweight. Why would you use a midget bull like Cherry Bomb on a small heifer? You would get a midget calf.

The most important thing in breeding a heifers is calving ease. I can't stand it when a person suggests a bull and does not know anything about the birthweight and calving ease associated with it. There have been so many heifers ruined b/c they are going for the homerun the first year. Breed them to proven calving ease bulls and play with the club calf thing after that.