Cheating?

Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*":1avjt1zo said:
TxSimbrahShower":1avjt1zo said:
Matt Schiel":1avjt1zo said:
If you are mad and upset about the birth dates being changed then youre in the wrong business. The real problem for breeders and breed associations is the practice of making up papers for heifers. Calling a MaineXBrangus a PB or a AngusXSimbrah a PB. This to me is a bigger problem than people putting down the wrong birthdate on papers.

Matt Schiel

My favorite is the papers of an actual PB heifer, (a heifer that actually exists) being used on an AOB heifer and the person(s) doing it being allowed to get away with it.
sometimes there aren't enough of a breed to make

This is an AOB heifer being shown as a Pure Bred American breed heifer. There's plenty of this breed.

jaydill":3qxiua6j said:
TxSimbrahShower":3qxiua6j said:
Matt Schiel":3qxiua6j said:
If you are mad and upset about the birth dates being changed then youre in the wrong business. The real problem for breeders and breed associations is the practice of making up papers for heifers. Calling a MaineXBrangus a PB or a AngusXSimbrah a PB. This to me is a bigger problem than people putting down the wrong birthdate on papers.

Matt Schiel

My favorite is the papers of an actual PB heifer, (a heifer that actually exists) being used on an AOB heifer and the person(s) doing it being allowed to get away with it.
Here in TX there's been a purebred heifer of one breed run as a purebred heifer of an entirely different breed.. I'm sure you remember?

I remember the heifer that you are talking about. Same breed, different person and different heifer. Different part of the state also.

My advice to all about Cheating, and Cheaters; GET OVER IT!! Cheating is universal. You'll encounter cheating in every sport, all kinds of business, politics, school, you name it. I'll step out here and say we all cheat, me included. I little white lie is cheating. So is a Farm Tag on a vehicle not exclusive for Farm use; backdating a check. I can go on and on.

As far as Livestock and the Show Ring; what a wonderful opportunity we (parents, Ag Ed instructors, 4-H leaders) have to teach our youth about ethics and hard work. Let's train them to concentrate on deveoping their own character and work ethics; to not worry about what others are doing. Cheaters sometimes win, and sometimes lose. So do those who play by the rules.

Debating the issue is not going to change the outcome. "Set your minds on things above, not on things of the Earth"
Col. 3:2

Dan

AAOK":3ilw1qe5 said:
My advice to all about Cheating, and Cheaters; GET OVER IT!! Cheating is universal. You'll encounter cheating in every sport, all kinds of business, politics, school, you name it. I'll step out here and say we all cheat, me included. I little white lie is cheating. So is a Farm Tag on a vehicle not exclusive for Farm use; backdating a check. I can go on and on.

As far as Livestock and the Show Ring; what a wonderful opportunity we (parents, Ag Ed instructors, 4-H leaders) have to teach our youth about ethics and hard work. Let's train them to concentrate on deveoping their own character and work ethics; to not worry about what others are doing. Cheaters sometimes win, and sometimes lose. So do those who play by the rules.

Debating the issue is not going to change the outcome. "Set your minds on things above, not on things of the Earth"
Col. 3:2

Dan

Well said AAOK!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AAOK you did say that very well.

when he says "im not gonna lie" i think he should be sayin " im not gonna lie anymore" and actually mean it.

i just think its funny we havent heard back from him anymore :lol:

I am not real sure of the whole story being debated here just found it interesting....I returned from our state jr show last night. Well there is this one person who my daughter has shown against since last june at the regional breed show,NAILE and all the jackpot shows. Everyone knew the hiefer this guy was showing was older that stated on the papers. So long story short he got what was coming to him. They (the family) brought in this prof. fitter from Iowa. Well the heifer would not be still so he gave her a shot. Of what I do not know. I do know what ever it was was against the rules. Fitter is banned from fair grounds and the kid was suspended from showing for 3 yrs.

Southerngal":3rbpl63p said:
I am not real sure of the whole story being debated here just found it interesting....I returned from our state jr show last night. Well there is this one person who my daughter has shown against since last june at the regional breed show,NAILE and all the jackpot shows. Everyone knew the hiefer this guy was showing was older that stated on the papers. So long story short he got what was coming to him. They (the family) brought in this prof. fitter from Iowa. Well the heifer would not be still so he gave her a shot. Of what I do not know. I do know what ever it was was against the rules. Fitter is banned from fair grounds and the kid was suspended from showing for 3 yrs.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think allowing cheating to go is totally irresponsible. If I allow a student to continually disrupt my class, he will continue to disrupt my class. However, if I take the time to be consistent and enforce my classroom rules, the behavior will improve.

If you look at behavior from a classroom perspective, the person making bad choices will continue to do so until the negitave consequence out weight the positive benefit.

Also, cheater usually become braver as time goes on.

ffamom[b:37bfodmc said:
":37bfodmc]I think allowing cheating to go is totally irresponsible. If I allow a student to continually disrupt my class, he will continue to disrupt my class. However, if I take the time to be consistent and enforce my classroom rules, the behavior will improve. [/b]
If you look at behavior from a classroom perspective, the person making bad choices will continue to do so until the negitave consequence out weight the positive benefit.

Also, cheater usually become braver as time goes on.
Good comparison, my mother was a teacher. These cheaters need to be punished.

I am not saying it is ok to cheat but some of you all need to get a life...turning in someone to the association and the state fair people. I have no idea who this kid is and i am not defending him but some folks just need to mind their own dang business. All this is doing is starting a witch hunt. I would sure like to hear which one of you finger pointers has not ever once in your life, no matter how big or how small, cheated in something.

All I know is that if you can't win with the animal at its true age then it's not good enough to win. I believe that being as strait forward in this business as you can is the only way that you will be in business long term. You can only screw so many people before it is going to turn around and bit you in the rear. There are farms out there in any breed that everyone know cheats and those people seem to come and go pretty quick, I know that I wouldn't buy anything off of them.

why would you have(let)(knowingly) your children cheat....is that the kind of kids we want in our future..to take advantage of this kind of an oppurtunity....maybe itll be an issue when its MY age were talking about instead of an animals

T26sj - It takes more people with morals to stand up in this world. If the kid isn't cheating he has no worries and those challenging him will look like idiots. Maybe they have alot of time to devote to this, but if they want to waste time that is their perogative. I don't think that anyone can say they have not cheated alittle bit bending the rules or told a white lie. But what got people angry is that this kid was either so arrogant or stupid to brag about cheating. Then when he got a bad reaction he said it was all a joke to get out of it.I think that is what gets people after him. It seems like you are trying to justify cheating by saying everyone has done it to some extent. So where does it end, what do you think should be allowed ? The reason for rules is so that competetion is fair as possible.

Latest posts