Cheapest gripples?

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man

Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to get gripples? I got some medium size from Amazon for $1.15 apiece. Any one know of any cheaper from somewhere else?

The words cheap and gripples don't go together. :hide:

$1.15 seems to be pretty standard for retail on a medium. Quantity discounts are out there though. I know Kencove does some.

hillbilly beef man":1wykojgm said:
Where is the cheapest place to get gripples? I got some medium size from Amazon for $1.15 apiece. Any one know of any cheaper from somewhere else?

I could sell them to you for less than that. But you really need to get hold of Farm Fence.... I seen him leave a handful for a tip in a restaurant.

Your gonna have to buy more than one or two bags. But you probably don't buy your hay a roll at a time either.

Don't buy the square shaped other brand even though they are cheaper. When you try to slide the end of the wire through the little spring will get tangled and mess up. And some grip better than others. Don't remember the name.

Ebenezer":27gsfyf3 said:
Don't buy the square shaped other brand even though they are cheaper. When you try to slide the end of the wire through the little spring will get tangled and mess up. And some grip better than others. Don't remember the name.

Fastlok, not to be confused with the wire, Fastlock. The Fastlok tensioners are not as well loved as Gripples, but the Fastlock wire is not the worst I've ever had my hands on. I'd rank it somewhere between Bekaert and Stay Tuff. FWIW, Tornado is Gripple's largest customer, and that's why we have the best price in the land on Gripples.

Farm Fence Solutions":38wry5ef said:
True Grit Farms":38wry5ef said:
Stay - Tuff also sells Gripples, they rented a booth at our GCA trade show last week.

Yep, and they cost $.10 more apiece than ours. Must be better.

I didn't ask price, but I'll take your word for it. The Stay - Tuff salesmen didn't even bring the contractor Gripple tool with them to the show? Sure not very professional, heck I saw them sitting down as potential customers walked by. It's hard to promote when your sitting on your but.

True Grit Farms":n6d4obap said:
Farm Fence Solutions":n6d4obap said:
True Grit Farms":n6d4obap said:
Stay - Tuff also sells Gripples, they rented a booth at our GCA trade show last week.

I didn't ask price, but I'll take your word for it. The Stay - Tuff salesmen didn't even bring the contractor Gripple tool with them to the show? Sure not very professional, heck I saw them sitting down as potential customers walked by. It's hard to promote when your sitting on your but.

We put quite a bit of effort into our trade show setups. We keep plenty of plain wire on hand for Gripple and knot tying demonstrations. Tornado is also the only net wire on the market that is capable of an even stretch in 10', and that's why we are the only ones you will see with stretched wire in our booth. We generally stay a little busier than the other manufactures, and I attribute that to the detailed attention paid to our displays. Comfortable boots are a necessity, as sitting down is not an option. Most manufacturers are only there to make an appearance and maintain brand recognition. We take orders at trade shows, and always take a truckload of tools, like the Gripple line, to sell. A couple weeks ago, we sold 15 of the blue bag Gripple kits at the national deer farmers conference, and a whole case of chain strainers. Wire sales are the goal, but it's nice to pay the expenses with things you can sell on the spot.

True Grit Farms":3izdznbg said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3izdznbg said:
True Grit Farms":3izdznbg said:

Lots of salesmen work real good. Until they get that check . Then they get real good at the runaround.

Latest posts