• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cheap momma raising me one

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
Slender lil lady.
Mamas doing a good job.
I'm surprised there is no white on the calf. Is she polled as well?

I used Longhorn bulls on my first-calf black Brangus heifers for a number of years, and about half of them would come solid colored.

farmerjan

Reaction score
Have an all white longhorn bred to an angus that has a nice almost all black bull/steer calf. She is small, nice set of horns. She is my lawn ornament.... Calf has a little bit of white on underbelly near navel area. He is polled.

OP
D

DCA farm

Reaction score
Got another cow raising a black heifer but she’s got some white on her under bell and 1 white spot on her tail. All the others are painted up calves

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I love the painted colors.
Not sure how to comment on your opening statement. "Not bad for a 5 year old". Meaning? Not bad for that young an animal? or Not bad for that old an animal?
To me, a 5 yr old should be at prime cow age - so I'm confused.
I may be way off - but I was thinking (old brain working hard) that you had White Park or Belties??? Am I way off?

Last edited:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
She’s raising me a decent little 1/2 angus heifer not bad for a 5 year old cow
The cow looks like a piney woods cow. There is a breed register for them. Also the brown cow in your other post could be a piney woods cow also. Both also may be Florida Crackers.

Latest posts