caves

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
How many of you have caves on your farm? If so, did you find them, what did you look for in finding them?

GMN

The old fellow,that let's me hunt his property,has a cave on the side of the mountain,that his father made white whiskey in.

The best way to find caves is to go out early on a cold morning and look for the steam coming from the cave. The best caves to go in are the ones with a lot of wind rush at the mouth. There is some cool scenery inside some of them just be careful and always let someone outside know where you are and when you will be back.

grannysoo":xekoy39e said:
The most we would ever find would be a hole in the ground....

Gotta love it when those sinkholes magically appear. The last one resulted in a very sudden stop while bushhogging. Everything in front of the steering wheel was below ground level. There was nothing there the year before.

grannysoo":r78qx4m4 said:

And that would be full of water. :lol2: :lol2:

I did some vertical caving when I was young and spry. We'd ride through the Tennessee/Alabama Mountains on cold mornings looking for the steam. Found quite a few this way and also saw some beautiful sights.

dyates":32tbybj1 said:
grannysoo":32tbybj1 said:

Gotta love it when those sinkholes magically appear. The last one resulted in a very sudden stop while bushhogging. Everything in front of the steering wheel was below ground level. There was nothing there the year before.

Haha... not even that! Perhaps a hole where the dogs have dug to stay cool, or the bull has dug to show how big of a man he is. The only sinkholes you will find around here are where some of the cities have not took care of their water lines and the highways fall in.

Nothing but flat land, red clay, and the like around here. :lol2: