CattleMax???

Help Support CattleToday:

Been using it for about 10 years. Like it well enough that last year I upgraded to the new release. It is a resource user. The only thing I don;t like is that it's not directly compatible wit hthe ARAA. One of the best parts is the excellent cusotmer support

I have used Cattlemax for about 3 years now and find it very valuable. It does take a while to learn how to use it but as mentioned above they have good support. As in any computer program you invest far more in learning how to use it than its initial cost. The important thing is to just get started.

There is so much data in raising cattle I can't see how folks do it without some sort of computer program. Even extensive written records just can't compile all the information in a way you can easily retrieve it and see patterns and make decisions from it. jmho.

I would strongly recommend Cattlemax but I do not have any experience with the other programs out there to compare it to. It works for me.

Jim

I did the trial version and didn't care for it.
Instead I got Ranch Manager. I like that much better, it was easier for me to use.
JMHO.

to me cattlemax is 1 of the best programs out there.an ive used it for a few years.it sure keeps you up to date on how your cattle are doing.

Kingfisher":lwiqwbq2 said:
What is it ? Sounds like an off shoot of CarMax! Buy cows locally or have em shipped in! :)
NOT!

Been using it a long time to track expected due dates, weaning weights and such.

I don't think its that hard to use but I think I'm also not using EVERY feature it has, either. I really like it... would like to figure out how to take the laptop out to the chute and transfer my weights directly from the scale into cattlemax rather than having to bring the weights in the house and manually enter everything. But, I like that it keeps GREAT track of who was bred to who and when as well as the different pastures/pens... neat program. The only problem I ever had was when I started adding pictures to the animal records (primarily bulls)...it would stall out and say something about "caching photos" but I called cattlemax and they walked me through a reinstallation that solved the problem pronto. As someone mentioned... GREAT customer service. Its free to try the trial version so I would recommend ANYONE looking for a great program to atleast try the trial version. You can enter all your data and then when you decide that you want to buy it, they just send you a code to enter online and it transfers your data into a permanent program. I also really like the online back-up feature (costs more) but is worth it...

Latest posts