Cattle Trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I thought about putting line x that you use in truck beds on the floor of my cattle trailer and the sides where they tend to rust out... Has anyone done this before?

Putting the stuff in a can on the metal would be advisable. I would only go up about a foot. Just my opinion to put it on the floor would be a waist of money. Especially if its pressure treated.

High Cotton":12h3wjq0 said:
I would have it done at a shop. The DIY stuff is a joke compared to the professionally installed stuff.

Thats what I was gonna do too much work and waste of money if you buy the can...

We have folks that do it all the time and the older trailers that have it done are it a lot better shape than that new ones that didn't get washed out like they need have been.

Circlew,

I'm assuming you manufacture trailers. Why don't manufacturers turn them out with a rubber coating 18 inches up the inside? Just wondering. Seems like when it's new, before they get manure on them would be the time to do it. If you buy a used trailer it's hard to get them clean enough to apply it then.

Bigfoot,

In all honesty, its the cost and the equipment necessary. Most folks don't want it and sure as heck don't want to pay for it. Also the time it takes to put it on. Those are the reasons why we don't and probably why most others don't.

Latest posts