Cattle scales

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
So, we are in the market for a scale. We weigh birth, weaning and yearling weights on everything, plus we raise a steer every year. It is a pain to haul them to the feed mill and weigh them there, so I want to purchase one.
Anyone have any recommendations or black list they care to share?
Thanks!

Thanks for the link bird dog, I looked at all three pages. Lots of talking about how to set it up but nothing about brands. We looked at a bunch while at Farm Fest, and no bargains like Dunn got. A new true test system with platform is over $1600! True test is a good brand, but I am sure there is stuff out there just as good for less. That is what I am hoping to find.
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area!

i have the tru test i really like them i can move them from place to place with the platform. i can get done and plug it into my computer and it puts all the weights right on it didnt think i cared for that but its a nice feature. sometimes you get what you pay for but others may be good to cant say. On the BW just use a hosehold scale take it to the field with you set it down weigh yourself then pick up the calf and re weigh.

The Tru-Test at your price of around $1600 for the platform and indicator is about what they are going to cost. The Trutest does a great job of stabilizing and locking on the weight. Remember weighing a 1500 live animal is not like weighing potatoes at the grocery store. Livestock are moving around.

Tru test is also durable in the elements. Good stuff is expensive. If you look at the quality of the platform, loadbars, wiring and indicator it is first class. You can also get parts. Yiou can sometimes get a demo unit at a show for a bit less but that is what they cost. jmho.

Latest posts