Cattle Purchases

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
OK folks. I've finally found some land that I can lease to increase my herd. I'll have 28 acres to work with and trying to figure out where would be a good place to buy a group of cattle. I don't want registered cattle and I'm looking for something other than sale barn cattle. What are my options? I am thinking either Herfords or Black Baldys with maybe a Beefmaster bull?

I've got a set of black baldy heifers that would sure work for you if you were closer. The wife has been wanting to visit new Orleans though

RanchMan90":1ko7gsrs said:
I've got a set of black baldy heifers that would sure work for you if you were closer. The wife has been wanting to visit new Orleans though

How many are you calling a set?

MudHog":19l6z8d3 said:
RanchMan90":19l6z8d3 said:

How many are you calling a set?
10 HD. I can get some pictures if your interested and delivery is available. PM me

Bigfoot":b4o638xs said:
I would have figured you'd need a little ear on your cattle in that area?

Yea, but there are quite a few Herfords running around here and toward the west in the marsh (Cameron Parish). Our "short eared" cattle still have longer ears than them cattle up North though. :D

I'm not set in stone either, got any suggestions?

Check with your Extension Agent, they generally have an idea of where you can find some cows.