Cattle prices still holding

Help Support CattleToday:

Jim62

Reaction score
Went over yestiddy and observed the sale in Giddings for a little while. Cow prices seemed to be about 20 cents a pound. Saw some go through for 3 to 5 cents. Haven't got my check yet--sold 5 cows and 2 heifers. Should be at least 8 or 9 hundred bucks, I think.

At least, I hope it will.............

Jim62":3przosjr said:
Went over yestiddy and observed the sale in Giddings for a little while. Cow prices seemed to be about 20 cents a pound. Saw some go through for 3 to 5 cents. Haven't got my check yet--sold 5 cows and 2 heifers. Should be at least 8 or 9 hundred bucks, I think.

At least, I hope it will.............
Haen't been to a sale but according to several reports good calves are still bringing very good prices. Cow and bulls are down more and more every week.

They must have been walking bones to have brought that price , have hear of some being so weak they barely make it through the sale. The slaughter plants are overwhelmed and some sales are having to hold the cows for days before they can be shipped.

The cows averaged about 35 cents and the 2 heifers, about 450, each brought $1.17. They were real nice F1 brangus . Wound up with $3500 take-home.

Those 3 to 5 centers didn't look all that bad to me, except that they had horns. And that's a disqualifier as far as I'm concerned. Fairly decent little skinny cows.