Cattle Guards

Help Support CattleToday:

I did a quick search, and found this pic. This is almost exactly what we drove through, but I think a different color...

springloadedpasturegate.jpg

Fire Sweep Ranch":nnpsimb9 said:
I did a quick search, and found this pic. This is almost exactly what we drove through, but I think a different color...

these gates will work....

I have not been thru one in a long time.....but it has been my experience that unless you put a tennis ball or rubber ball or somethin on the tip ends they will mark your vehicle.....

Fire Sweep Ranch":1i5668zn said:

Interesting my grandpa, God rest his soul. Lived around Winston , MO had bout 1/2 mile driveway he had three of those exact setups crossing his driveway. That was back when I was just a youngster early to mid 70's. Thanks for sharing, rung the old memory bell. B&G

TerraceRidge":1072qmkk said:
If I drive through the bump gate with a tractor, will the rubber tires prevent the entire tractor from being electrified?
Yes

I have a cattle guard made out of oilfield pipe i have had it for about 30 years. they do have to be cleaned out sometimes and sprayed to keep grass from growing up through them , i spay it and burn it, have had 2 cows that would get out over it and both of them got a oneway ticket to the salebarn, don't think the blocks is good at all