Cattle Feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
What do you all think of this?

cattle%20self%20feeder_zpsrc2rjjri.png

That feeder is a feeder at a local farm sale I am thinking about going too tomorrow. I wonder how good it would be for the cattle.

skyhightree1":30zjf1rm said:
That feeder is a feeder at a local farm sale I am thinking about going too tomorrow. I wonder how good it would be for the cattle.

Only potential problem I see is keeping the calves or possibly cows, from getting inside the feeder. But If this were a problem I would think it would be pretty simple to remedy. Can they eat out of the other side also? If not you could fix it where they could and If it doesn't have one you would need to add a "V" in the middle. But this could be done with 2x4s and OSB for next to nothing. I kinda like it. Wouldn't have to fill it up much.

skyhightree1":13rmgte5 said:
How is it built inside?? Just looking at it you can only fill it about a foot deep. Does it open on both sides?? If not calves can't get to the feed in the back unless it is constructed inside to direct feed to the front.

JMJ Farms":1cf9cqei said:
skyhightree1":1cf9cqei said:

Only potential problem I see is keeping the calves or possibly cows, from getting inside the feeder. But If this were a problem I would think it would be pretty simple to remedy. Can they eat out of the other side also? If not you could fix it where they could and If it doesn't have one you would need to add a "V" in the middle. But this could be done with 2x4s and OSB for next to nothing. I kinda like it. Wouldn't have to fill it up much.

TexasBred":1cf9cqei said:
skyhightree1":1cf9cqei said:
How is it built inside?? Just looking at it you can only fill it about a foot deep. Does it open on both sides?? If not calves can't get to the feed in the back unless it is constructed inside to direct feed to the front.

I am not sure of those questions yet I haven't seen it in person... I wont be seeing it either if it doesn't stop raining I hate standing in cold rain heres what all they are selling

http://www.ebharris.com/auction/279200/n-b-brothers/

Says fold out side(s) in the brochure. So maybe you're in luck sky. Put on the old rain jacket and head out. May get a deal. Or everything may bring double what it's worth!

What would that be used to feed? Something like range meal? Stuffed full of square bales?

I got there late and the feeder was sold but I did get to look into it and it had a rack inside that you put hay on and could easily be altered to hold grain.

skyhightree1":30ewvb6v said:
I got there late and the feeder was sold but I did get to look into it and it had a rack inside that you put hay on and could easily be altered to hold grain.
Thanks, for some reason, I was really wanting to know.

Bigfoot":28f1kl3g said:
skyhightree1":28f1kl3g said:
Thanks, for some reason, I was really wanting to know.

No problem a guy told me it sold for 1200 bucks... I wouldn't have paid that for it and hauled it hour and half home. I liked the design but think if it had bars and some sort of spill catch it would be great

Latest posts