Cattle Chutes?

Help Support CattleToday:

chorewife

Reaction score
Just wondered would your opinions are on what brand of cattle chute is the best. Been looking at the Sioux chute, alley and tube and the for-most chute, alley and tub, as portable units. Not sure which way to go. Or if there is another we should consider. Thanks

I hear really good things about Preifert also. I like my Powder River real well. Especially my portable sweep.

Sioux and Foremost are heavy and built for the long haul. They are really close to the same in their makeup.

I have a Preifert SC11 cheaper compared to Sioux and Foremost for their big chutes. The palp cage and trailer are pretty light built if you need that. Other than that I like a squeeze and back gate along with the headgate. Needs alot of oil if your not using it every day.

I like my Preifert S04. I have used Formost, Filson and another off brand.

Thank You for the input, we went with the Sioux chute alley and tub. We got it home and messed with it for about 4 to 5 hours. It is very nice, ready to use it. defiantly going to be a better deal then the WW chute we use to have.

For calves my Powder River Value chute is great. For really large bulls it's pointless.