Cattle Book

Help Support CattleToday:

YoungAngusCattle

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a book that has been mentioned here quite a few times but I can't for the life of me remember the author or title.

From what I understand it was written by an old guy that correlated physical appearance of cattle to fertility and other traits. I think he was a grass fed beef guy, but I still like some of the knowledge in the book can be applicable to any operation.

I hope that's a good enough description for someone to point me down the right path... Or even better tell me where I can pick it up.

You might be talking about Gerald Fry but the real guy who did the stuff that Gerald used was Dr. Jan Bonsma.

It looks too me that "Man Must Measure" by Dr Bonsma is the book I am referring too. Google didn't bring up any sites to buy it from. Does anyone have an ideas where I can pick up a copy?

Cheapest is interlibrary loan. There are copies of lectures, reprints, other stuff like articles from magazines, ... but prices will startle you on some of them if you try to buy.

Wow. What about "Wortham Lectures in Animal Science". It appears too be much cheaper, but how does the information in this book stack up too "Man Must Measure"?

76 Bar said:
Hmmm...might have to put my copy of Man Must Measure in a fire proof safe. 8)

GREAT BOOK, but for $2500, I'd put it on ebay... :)

Latest posts