Catfish

Help Support CattleToday:

My Dad went moose hunting a number of times up in BC. The guide has a place on a fairly long lake. The guide would go out on the lake and troll for trout. He had a comfortable seat in his boat. He would doze off. When his pole would start bouncing his dog would bark and wake him up. I guess the dog liked to eat fish too.

My wife has declared our house a catfish free zone. Neither one of us finds catfish to taste good. I have eaten too many good fish in my life to eat catfish.

I'll agree there are better tasting fish (speckled trout come to mind), but I still won't turn my nose up at catfish. To me that's like not eating a hamburger because prime rib is better.

I never knew there was such a thing as fish snobs.
There is definately a huge difference in salmon. Sockeye, Coho, and Chinooks are good. I don't eat Pinks, and Chum salmon. I prefer Ling Cod and Halibut to salmon any day. To me catfish is a bland tasteless fish. Living on the Washington coast and working in Alaska I have eaten a lot of fish.

I do remember as a kid my sister saying "oh no not salmon again". My folks were having a tough time and Grandpa liked to fish. We ate a lot of salmon.

Me too. Canned salmon cost too much so we had to get by on mackerel patties.
The vast majority of canned salmon are Pink salmon which Alaskans consider to be dog food. The seiners catch them by the tens of thousands and last I knew they were only getting about 8 cents a pound for them.

Latest posts