Catch it Caustic

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
Sending some rain your way Caustic, but know if you see my roof flying or floating by, rope it....Lol.....heres hoping for some nice rain without too much damage

Is it really raining down there or is it just a rumor. :lol2: Awfull quiet up here, sun is breaking thru the cloud cover. Just looked at the radar, kind of looks like it is tracking east. I'd say we still have a good 50% chance of getting nothing. But that is just the optimist in me. :D

As of 10:45 am we have had 4 inches...So far you couldnt have asked for a better rain lol.....couple of more inches , and I will send it your way.....Dont I wish

Specifically, send it to Alvarado, please. I don't think we will see any of it unless it goes out to west Texas and then back east toward us. That is how we generally get rain, from the southwest. I hope it holds together long enough and gets through this high pressure system we seem to get stuck in every summer. Maybe. I am not going to say anything else about it. To speak of the rain is not to know it. That's the Taoist in me, Vette.

At least up to now most of the rain looks to be mainly east of downtown Houston, Pasadena, etc. 30 miles southwest of downtown Houston we are at less than half an inch. Pastures and ponds sure need the rain, but the cotton is pretty well popped out and the rain sure won't do it any good :cry2:

houstoncutter":1n701o46 said:
As of 10:45 am we have had 4 inches...So far you couldnt have asked for a better rain lol.....couple of more inches , and I will send it your way.....Dont I wish
4 inches might get the cracks washed shut.  Air movement is sort of out the the NNE, probably about 5 - 10 at the moment.  Starting to get a thick haze building.  The sun is still trying to burn thru.  I'm almost ready to be a believer that we might get some rain.   :)Lammie, I washed the truck yesterday (again),  but I don't have any feed on the truck cause I haven't bought any lately,  I did close the barn doors a while ago, but that was to keep the wind out not the rain. :lol2:  

It will probably be like the last one that tore up the coast at Brownsville. We didn't get diddly. I'd love to get in the cross hairs of Eduardo

Just went and washed the car. If we had a clothesline, I'd be asking the bride to hang some clothes out. I like the idea of leaving feed in back of the truck. Also need to turn on a few lawn sprinklers... Just trying to do my part folks!

backhoeboogie":3f4nv3rs said:
It will probably be like the last one that tore up the coast at Brownsville. We didn't get diddly. I'd love to get in the cross hairs of Eduardo

So far, it looked like we might have been in the crosshairs, but I'm not that sure we are going to get anything. Looks like it is beginning to head North.

Just finished watering the yard Saturday, won't need to start again until tomorrow or since we do have some high cloud cover and haze, it might make it till Thursday. Maybe I should go open the barndoors back up or go pen that cow I want to sell tomorrow.

Our weather people are showing it won't get up here. But maybe it will cause this hot spot over us to break up. It's been well over 100 degrees for days: 107, 105, 102. They are saying a high of 94 Thursday. We'll be greatful for that. :)

Frankie":1v6k6ww5 said:
Our weather people are showing it won't get up here. But maybe it will cause this hot spot over us to break up. It's been well over 100 degrees for days: 107, 105, 102. They are saying a high of 94 Thursday. We'll be greatful for that. :)

I don't have much confidence on what spews out of the mouths of weather folks. I watch the 3 hr weather radar loops and look at how the air masses as a whole interact. The last one I looked at just before I made my previous post looked like it was beginning to take more of a northward movement. Hasn't made much progress heading eastward all morning. Just my assessment.

im here in north east texas an all we are getting is some nice wind.wich should hold the temp down some.sure am glad the wind wasnt blowing when our hay meadow was on fire though.bet the rain doesnt get to us either.

bigbull338":3r6e0k5g said:
im here in north east texas an all we are getting is some nice wind.wich should hold the temp down some.sure am glad the wind wasnt blowing when our hay meadow was on fire though.bet the rain doesnt get to us either.

The north edge of the rain appears to be about 30 miles north of Nacogdoches and still moving slowly north. Come on rain.

Looking at the radar, it looks like the bottom end of the hill country is benefitting - and then all the way east to Louisiana.

skyline":3px37wet said:
The north edge of the rain appears to be about 30 miles north of Nacogdoches and still moving slowly north. Come on rain.
Have you seen what is blowing up down in San Antonio, Victora, Port Lavaca? Looks like the dry side is going to get more rain than the wet side. Dampness started falling about an hour ago. Finally started dripping off the roof a bout 15 minutes ago. Sure isn't raining like they say it is on the Weather Channel.

houstoncutter":2cj8u2ea said:
Sending some rain your way Caustic, but know if you see my roof flying or floating by, rope it....Lol.....heres hoping for some nice rain without too much damage

Got an inch and a half of slow rain we got an inch on Sunday you can here the hay fields growing.
I had leased a couple more hay fields this year that custom balers had let go, neighbor and I are building new hay barns to store up excess and sell in years like this. There are so many people moving into the area buying 25 acre plots and runnning four or five cows or horses that there is a good market for hay.

Lammie":zh0016l5 said:
Specifically, send it to Alvarado, please. I don't think we will see any of it unless it goes out to west Texas and then back east toward us. That is how we generally get rain, from the southwest. I hope it holds together long enough and gets through this high pressure system we seem to get stuck in every summer. Maybe. I am not going to say anything else about it. To speak of the rain is not to know it. That's the Taoist in me, Vette.

Well, anything over a 1/10th of an inch beats us. Sun was shining a little while ago. North wind looks like it is turned to the west.

csutton":b67cshgn said:
Has any one used this site? http://www.weather.com/weather/map/inte ... _main_maps It uses google earth I think, and you can zoom in dang near to see your house.

Yes, I really like that site and enjoy their radar. However, when I just looked at it I noticed that my chance of rain has evaporated. Not sure how that big blob of green just south of us missed us, but it did. Maybe tomorrow....

1982vett":3ods4yql said:
Lammie":3ods4yql said:

Well, anything over a 1/10th of an inch beats us. Sun was shining a little while ago. North wind looks like it is turned to the west.

I don't think we even got a tenth of an inch in the mist. The "eye" went about 25 miles south of us and the rain stopped. Go figure. It is only supposed to be 94 degrees today so there will be less evaporation for that tenth. There's a 30% chance of rain so our hopes are still up.

Latest posts