Case vs Buck

Help Support CattleToday:

I use mostly cheap made pocket knifes,since I am loosing them all time.I'm using a Ranger stockman I bought at TSC about a year ago.I'm amazed I've kept it that long.Too cheap to loose I rekon. :lol:
But actually I use my Leatherman more than any.I'd be completely lost without it hanging on my belt.

Cal

Angus Cowman":2cpwqdun said:
kenny thomas":2cpwqdun said:
Seems like it freeks everyone out when you start to peel an apple and the blade still has blood on it.
Then ya don't have to share your apple
My dad alwasy used his to trim his toe nails. Amazing how much that freaked out my mother when he would cut food afterwards.

My every day knife that I have carried in my pocket for 20 plus years is neither a buck or case, it is a gerber with a composite handle and is lighter.

All I can say is that it depends on what I am doing. I own both types being discussed. They are both good knives.

backhoeboogie":245oo7iw said:
My every day knife that I have carried in my pocket for 20 plus years is neither a buck or case, it is a gerber with a composite handle and is lighter.

Exactly the type and brand of knife I carried for years, Gerber with a locking single blade, composite handle. Slim, lightweight and easy to carry...great quaility steel. The my son bought me a Kershaw knife, same style as the Gerber, composite handle, single locking blade, great quaility steel. But the Kershaw has a thumb notch and a spring assited opening system, so I flip the notch with my thumb and the spring opens the blade to the lock position with one hand... not a switch blade but seems like it and legal.

I don't like buck or case too much, not much for the quality of steel and with out good steel you can't get or keep a good edge... the scar on my finger will tell you I like a sharp edge on knife.

Alan

Case has been the main stay for years, but for the most part their cost compared to others , make them more collectabiles..

I have had about everykind of kinfe there is, carried and use most of them, carry a spyderco (jap made ) for about 12 years now..It is a single blade, heavy as all get out, Howard vile with maricata handles and spryder edge sarrated...This knive is stronger than any thing that I have ever seen..

curtis":2hpcga83 said:
Buck sold to China :x , nope , i don,t think i want your product.

Marbles did the same. I've picked up some of the last USA made colectors. Been using their old carbon blades with Kraton handles for feral pig work. Best combo going for greasy hands. You can buy the Chinese SS Marbles for next to nothing on eBay.

The founder of Buck Knives was my uncles brother, an I still can't get a free buck knife. I have a good buck knife, hard to sharpen but holds an edge well. :cboy:

Latest posts