Carpal Tunnel

Help Support CattleToday:

To me, the freezing hurt more than the needle. It was interesting to watch.

Horticattleman":2fujgyrh said:
lammie, I have concluded that you have convinced me to drink a case of beer and just chop the whole hand off. .

Horti, get 2 cases of beer and give me a call. I'll come over and "we" will get your courage up for the surgery together. Heck what are friends for. :drink: :lol:

TexasBred":1d3lm6ij said:
Horticattleman":1d3lm6ij said:
lammie, I have concluded that you have convinced me to drink a case of beer and just chop the whole hand off. .

Horti, get 2 cases of beer and give me a call. I'll come over and "we" will get your courage up for the surgery together. Heck what are friends for. :drink: :lol:

Awh now that ain't right. If your coming over to "entertain" yourself by watching me chop my hand off, the least you could do is offer to bring the beer! Cooome oooonnnn man!

can you tell me what the physical therapy exercises are. my arms are always falling asleep and have the numbness. i can't even sleep thru the nite anymore. thank you

In the old days, this was common in piano players (before they had a name for it). The doctors advised them to work out to build up their arms and shoulders. They claimed the wrists were working so much more then the upper arms, The blood vessels in the wrist were growing larger to supply the demand yet the shoulder and arms weren't. So building up the upper arms would equal out blood flow.
I've seen it work twice.

Google
Physical therapy;exercises; carpal

and you will gets lots of reading and suggestions

I had surgery on my hand 4-7-08 and so far its not a success. I have limited use of my hand and still have a lot of pain. Maybe in time it will get better. I don't recommend surgery if you can get by without it.

curtis":2s26lorz said:
I had surgery on my hand 4-7-08 and so far its not a success. I have limited use of my hand and still have a lot of pain. Maybe in time it will get better. I don't recommend surgery if you can get by without it.

Well, I am sorry to hear that, both for you, and because I seem to be having the same problem. The cyst has not returned, but I am having a lot of numbness and tingling in my left hand and arm. I know it is because of typing, but it also really bothers me doing chores. I am gonna put this off as long as I can. It does not bother me all the time, and I it isn't keeping me up or anything.

With me, too, it is more of a shoulder down thing. My left shoulder just kills me. It is a burning pain accompanies by numbness and tingling in the arm and hand. Thought I might be having a heart attack, but I am still here.

curtis":qwn9d4rp said:

curtis, I had thought by some of your recent posts that the surgery was a success. On a serious note here, that really stinks, am sorry to hear that. The doc have any ideas on where to go with things?

MistyMorning":2d5clm1s said:
curtis":2d5clm1s said:

curtis, I had thought by some of your recent posts that the surgery was a success. On a serious note here, that really stinks, am sorry to hear that. The doc have any ideas on where to go with things?

Right now its just a wait and see kinda thing.

Horticattleman":1q68vds3 said:
I had surgery 8 or 9 onths ago and its still painful. If I push real hard against something with my hand, it hurts BAD where they made the incision.

It will get better. Mine bothered me for a long time, as well. No pain like that anymore, anyway... I can remember forgetting about it, like getting up in the night to close a window, and YIKES! It will wake you up fast. Seldom happens now.

Latest posts