Capitalist or SAV Thunderbird for heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards Thunderbird but I wanted to see if there was anyone with an opinion to go the other way. Heifers are sired by Werner war party and weigh up.

I like the looks of Capitalist better but I read somewhere on here that his calves may have a lot of bone for heifers.
I am wondering about Deer Valley Patriot(a Capitalist son)...same cow family as Deer Valley All In and Var Discovery.

I'm on my 3rd year with Thunderbird with heifers and will probably use him on some this year. The calves might be a kilo or two smaller but they take off and will catch up in a couple of weeks and end up being the pick of the litter.

Ken

This is a Thunderbird calf I weaned this week, born mid July and went 375kg (825lb) on Wednesday, no creep just grass, clover and milk. He is not out of a heifer just don't have photo of those, one went 370kg and another 321kg.

Ken

Just my :2cents: but we are using Absolute on our heifers, then using Capitalist for their second calves because of more bone. CED still at +10 (.89) and CEM at +11 (.59), and extra side note, $EN now at +4.63 (top 25%).

Thunderbird is CED +8 (.85), CEM +10 (.57)

Probably not much difference in the two bulls based on the calving ease direct. I used capitalist here and am well satisfied with the calves. I don't know how much milk you want but would expect more milk from thunderbird daughters. Udder quality on capitalist is supposed to be excellent.

wbvs58":2lj4l5ir said:
This is a Thunderbird calf I weaned this week, born mid July and went 375kg (825lb) on Wednesday, no creep just grass, clover and milk. He is not out of a heifer just don't have photo of those, one went 370kg and another 321kg.

Ken
Nice thick calf

Latest posts