Cant believe this is a bull!!

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I took a picture of this bull about a week ago in Florida. There must have been 1,000 head of cattle in that pasture, and several bulls of the same caliber.

DSC00480.jpg

That aint his fault. Probably a pretty good beast. His owner should be horsewhipped.

Exactly what I thought. The ranch he is on is for sale, very poor pasture. There was alos a pretty sad looking beefmaster bull in there as well.

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":1hdymia6 said:
1,000 cattle? Looks like he must have bred them all. Probably just needs some groceries.;-)

Or just a Murray Grey.

Scotty

What make s a bull like this have no masculinity attributes such as a thick neck and hump?

Pasture is probably leased. I've seen quite a few Cattle in this shape in Florida.My outlaws live in Central FL. and there is a big place down there next to their place full of sorry Cattle. Cant understand it.

CopeMan":jlpvbibd said:
What make s a bull like this have no masculinity attributes such as a thick neck and hump?

Starvin ta death be the first reason come ta my mind!

If you were to take this bull and put him in a lush green pasture and put some weight on him would he begin to fill out and gain back his muscle?

CopeMan":2lkjciep said:
If you were to take this bull and put him in a lush green pasture and put some weight on him would he begin to fill out and gain back his muscle?

Depends alot on his age. If he be young he should come up to a good body score pretty good. May take a bit, I'd pour the mineral and vitamin ta him as well.

CopeMan":3avsm3dm said:

Once all fat reserves are used up, muscle is the next thing to go. He's starving, good grits may not make him anything special but at least he would be able to show if he has any muscle.

dun

Rookie":1kz390nf said:
CopeMan":1kz390nf said:

Depends alot on his age. If he be young he should come up to a good body score pretty good. May take a bit, I'd pour the mineral and vitamin ta him as well.
You probably could re-build him. He'd be a project, he's got a tuft on his head. I'd fatten him up and sell him.

CopeMan":sa5gmw9m said:
Yes he was, Levy County right off Highway 41 to Dunnellon. How did you know?
I had an Uncle that died about a year ago, that raised Reg. Angus, and the place looked familiar. He had a thousand acre ranch out of Williston.

Wow, what was it called? There are several big ranches around in that area. Several Reg. Brangus breeders and one big commerical outfit named Whitehurst Cattle Co. I havent met anyone that knows to much about them yet, but to my understanding they have alot of land and cattle. Ive been by there place and they do have excpetional cattle.

farmer4620":261qkc9k said:
you saying you drove by or you sayin that is your uncles place
Just from being very familiar with the area. Was not his place, his was sold, he would have never let his Cattle starve. He was friends with another Angus Rancher in Ocala named Leroy Baldwin. His name was Robert Stevens, they worked in hay a lot together.

Latest posts