Canadian Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

deerhunter

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone one has heard of these i cause i am thinking about purchasing one. If so what is the difference between them and regular herefords.

deerhunter":3p7au6kg said:
I am wondering if anyone one has heard of these i cause i am thinking about purchasing one. If so what is the difference between them and regular herefords.
if anything i would say a larger frame size would be the difference but thats from a personal observation only

Thicker hair!

Seriously, there are a number of good Hereford breeders in Canada. Tell us what is it specifically you are looking for in a cow and somedody will help you find something to fit your needs. You may even find it closer to home.

deerhunter":4jpewm11 said:

Where at in Wisconsin, I know several good breeders in your state send me a pm if you want they both have some canadian bloodlines in ther herds.

Jeff

In my experience Canadian Herefords are larger, more rugged and more "yellow"

Fester":3b1tog15 said:
In my experience Canadian Herefords are larger, more rugged and more "yellow"

I have a few of these and you are correct in my experience also. Bigger framed and yellow. The ones I have milk ok but not good enough to wean a 700lb calf with out creep. This is just like any thing else they have good ones and bad ones. JHH