Can a MF 1010 Utility Tractor handle a 3-point shredder

Help Support CattleToday:

epj

Reaction score
Buddy of mine is looking to unload his massey....

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... -1010.html

It has a 4' finish mower for the 3 point off the back. What I was wondering would this have enough juice to run a 4-5' shredder. I used to run one on a small 3 cyl. Yanmar 25 yrs ago but I have no idea what the hp was. I'm not trying to do any major work just keep some spots slicked up that would be much easier to get to with a smaller tractor.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

I would say no. I had a mf 1035 that I over loaded and threw a rod threw the block. It was still a good tractor and I was going to replace the motor, it had the same motor as the one you are looking at, what I learned was from the MF dealer and tractor salvage yards it is impossibe to fine a new ,used, or rebuilt motor for those motors for they were made only afew years, wonder how many
foreign made tractors their are like that out there. They are made to sell and not for customer service.

Thanks, That's kinda what I thought. The 1010 looks like it needs a little more oomph. Its still a good deal for me with the finish mower and maybe some small dirt working implements. I just have to talk the wife into it now. :help:

Latest posts