Camera systems

Help Support CattleToday:

Hpacres440p

Reaction score
Does anyone use a remote camera system that can be operated without private Wi-Fi? We've had it suggested by the facility where mom is, but they don't have secure Wi-Fi for access. Can use SD card and do retroactive review I suppose, but would like to also be able to control the system remotely.

Does anyone use a remote camera system that can be operated without private Wi-Fi? We've had it suggested by the facility where mom is, but they don't have secure Wi-Fi for access. Can use SD card and do retroactive review I suppose, but would like to also be able to control the system remotely.
Without a hard-wired, wifi, or cellular connection, I don't see how that would be possible.

Would like a cctv 8 cam with a hard drive big enough for a week or more at least. Review it if something's not right, otherwise it just keeps on recording.

That's tough. With out wifi it has to use cell data. Non-stop video over cell data is pretty tough and $$$ if it were done.

They didn't have a recommendation for a system since they recommended it?

The other option is them letting you set up your own wifi there but I doubt they do that.

I did see a game camera that works off cell service so would have a data fee monthly. We may start with the review of recorded footage on SD, as that is cheap enough. If things are looking fishy, will dig deeper.

I did see a game camera that works off cell service so would have a data fee monthly. We may start with the review of recorded footage on SD, as that is cheap enough. If things are looking fishy, will dig deeper.
Several of us on here run cell cams. They use cell data. You are talking about 5-10 sec clips. You can prompt to record and stuff. They aren't really designed for a lot use like monitoring a person.

Look for a brand called Wise Eye tail cams. My understanding is an individual guy owns it and is very hands on. If you can call them and tell them your situation maybe they can make a recommendation.

The cell cam is better than nothing and if nothing else may make them nervous enough because they don't really know the capabilities. It would be kind of a bluff. Just be ready to spend some money and manage your expectations.

If Wise Eye does not pan out try Tactacam. They also have excellent customer service and you can talk about your situation with a real person.

Latest posts