Camera at branding

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Went to a branding at B's yesterday morning. Based on the amount of vaccine I went through there must have been about 200 calves. I had the camera but was kept so busy giving shots I never took a picture, I told one of the gals there that I have my camera but never ready with it when something exciting happens. About 20 minutes later a rope stuck on a hind foot of a calf who had been worked. Same gal was trying to get it off. She tripped just in time to catch the other foot being kicked up. Caught her on the nose. Her sun glasses took most of the blow but she got a good cut on the side of her nose. I didn't see the kick but I saw her drop like a rock. No picture, the camera was in my pocket.
Then there was a cow with an abscess on its jaw. They were going to rope her to doctor. Neighbor L roped her. His horse bogged its head and went to bucking. He is a former college regional champion/PRCA saddle bronc rider. We all thought he had it covered but he got bounced up on to the saddle horn. That was it, he came off. Again no picture. All this excitement and no photographic evidence.
They always park a flatbed along the fence. It has all the vaccine, ice chests with drinks, etc stacked on it. I should set a lawn chair up on the flatbed and sit there with a video camera. That way I could get the excitement on film.

Latest posts