calving time

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well the cows have been calving like crazy here.in the last 2 months or so weve had 35 calves or so.an still have a few more left to calve.by the looks of it there wont be meny fall calvers.i think theres 7hd left to calve in the next month or so.

we run a year round calving here.this is the most weve had to calve in this short of a timespan.an the cows must have themselves splitt into a summer an spring calving right now.i know the bull is working real good.unless he has some help from the 2yr old bull thats out there.if so they both are working real good.

yes when the cows come up.you see wall to wall calves running an playing in the pasture.if im out when they are up.i just go lean on the fence an watch them for awhile.

bigbull338":1a81hmmq said:
we run a year round calving here.this is the most weve had to calve in this short of a timespan.an the cows must have themselves splitt into a summer an spring calving right now.i know the bull is working real good.unless he has some help from the 2yr old bull thats out there.if so they both are working real good.

How do you know who sired the registered calves? Surely you don't dna test all of them?

these are the comm beef cows thats calving.an im sure its the old bull doing the breeding.but jr could be breeding some wich i doubt.he reg cows are bred to the herd bull.

Latest posts