calving season finally over

Help Support CattleToday:

ROB

Reaction score
after much anticipation, spring calving season ended for me yesterday morning. a nice vigorous bull calf, momma was in good shape, and the calf had nursed. got him tagged and applied some fly spray to the calfs back and naval area, poured the rest i had mixed up on the cow. rest of the cows finished calving near the middle of april - this girl must have known about all the nasty mud she would have had to put up with calving in april, and decided to keep the bull at bay a couple of cycles. :)

ROB

i have one cow to go :clap: .... i just bought from a neighbor that used my bull 2nd after i was done (my breeding season may 1st - july 1st) :wave:
(1st neighbor july - august) :( (2nd neighbor september - november) :mad: so she calves late. that is spring cows 16 heifers and 14 steers. fall cows start last week of august. round two

jcarkie":1103ib4o said:
i have one cow to go :clap: .... i just bought from a neighbor that used my bull 2nd after i was done (my breeding season may 1st - july 1st) :wave:
(1st neighbor july - august) :( (2nd neighbor september - november) :mad: so she calves late. that is spring cows 16 heifers and 14 steers. fall cows start last week of august. round two

Most of mine calved this week few to go. So far been lucky with the buzzards and dogs.