Calf with growth near eye

Help Support CattleToday:

A.J.

Reaction score
Does this look like a cyst or something else to y'all? I haven't had anything in the area near the eye like this before. It's on a 10 month old calf. It's firm if you touch it, and cant squeeze it like you might be able to some abscesses. It seems to be under the skin in the eyelid and not on top of it like a wart would be, but I might be wrong. I'm going to call the vet this week to see if it Is something that can be removed, but wanted to check with y'all in the meantime. I'm hesitant to try anything myself since it's so close to the eye. A672B074-416D-4D8F-BB7C-C7D0124C7F65.jpeg5DB58DE4-7D04-460C-9494-B77CE573B593.jpeg

Need a higher resolution close up of the object. Does it have typical wart like physical characteristics i.e. rough and grainy surface? My first impression is a wart. While uncommon they can be situated as you describe. Leave it alone & let your vet determine the prognosis and best approach for treatment.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for poor quality pictures. It's smoother and not as rough as most of the warts I've seen and felt.

That doesn't look like a wart to me. "Normally" I'd cut something like that off, and sutcher the hole. Where that's at, I'm saying watch it, if it's worrying you very bad see the vet.

Latest posts