Calf problem

Help Support CattleToday:

TomW

Reaction score
We have a small cross calf that has just developed a rash or something on its nose and face. The rash is grey and is slightly raised - any ideas?

dun":3l4xlqdv said:
My money is on ringworm

dun

dun, I guess it could be but it sure doesn't look like what I have seen before.
My wife already called the vet so I will let you know tommorrow
thanks
tom

The gray and slightly raised is what made me think of ringworm. When I think rash I think of a general area. Warts to me are more of a spot here and a spot there. But I've sure been wrong before, and will be again

dun

dun":1b83jdw6 said:
The gray and slightly raised is what made me think of ringworm. When I think rash I think of a general area. Warts to me are more of a spot here and a spot there. But I've sure been wrong before, and will be again

dun

These are about the size of a dime - I suppose it could be early ringworm? Pretty large for warts this early?
We will see
tom

TomW":xns7qnt1 said:
dun":xns7qnt1 said:

dun

These are about the size of a dime - I suppose it could be early ringworm? Pretty large for warts this early?
We will see
tom

Size of a dime? To me, it sounds like ringworm, also. I'll be interested in the vet's diagnosis. We've got a couple with what I think is ringworm...and it's about the size of a dime.

Alice

And for those of you who suggested ringworm - correct!
I had never seen it in such an early stage before - looked very different.
Thanks to all for the input
tom

Latest posts