Calcium

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Wondering how many of you folks run loaded tires?

We keep ours loaded to keep from slideing off the hillside. But after a while the wheels start to show the effects around the valve stem. Any way to slow down the erosion of the wheels?

Wheel weights are hard to come by at a decient price cause of all the tractor pulling that goes on here.

A lot of people use methanol or antifreeze in them. Not quite as heavy as calcium though. Mine has the methanol and is over ten years old with no rust.

I run water in all mine with the exception of one. It has tubeless tires so I run calcium in them. The others have tubes.

flaboy-":3ere2i8i said:
I run water in all mine with the exception of one. It has tubeless tires so I run calcium in them. The others have tubes.

I might have some problems with water up here Flaboy :roll:

What does the methanol or the antifreeze weigh?

certherfbeef":1rft3ggs said:
flaboy-":1rft3ggs said:

Well, to answer your question about saving wheels, yeah, put a tube in them. I guess you might have a problem with water freezing in them huh? Well I have also run anti freeze and water mixed in mine.

certherfbeef":34zt5ckr said:
flaboy-":34zt5ckr said:

Methanol is 6.63 # per gallon.

Not sure about antifreese but I believe it is close to water.

all our tires are straight calcium, sometimes cost more for the calcium than the tire if you blow one

Latest posts