Cal-mag

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd think within 30-60 minutes max... it only takes an hour, sometimes 2, to notice the effects of giving calcium orally, so SQ has to be quicker.

Why Sub-q??? Why not put it in the view and let it go to work immediately. I'd look into getting some "Narcalciphos" from the vet. It's much better.

TexasBred":1yfzj4wo said:
Why Sub-q??? Why not put it in the view and let it go to work immediately. I'd look into getting some "Narcalciphos" from the vet. It's much better.
some people cant hitt the vain.so they give the treatments orally or under the skin.hitting the vain isnt easy.because they roll an dissappear on you.

Cal-mag in vein is the fastest. Oral takes 3-4 hours. Depends on cal -mag needed in system. I used 2 Tubes on a jeresy cow in grass tetany.It took her 4 hours to start getting out of the problem. That was as soon as she went into it.Milk fever is sort of same. Protein too high cal-mag to low. All color breeds need more cal-mag to break up Proteins. Holsteins are don't need as much cal-mag as jersey breed.

Latest posts