Caesarian photos

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Here's my girl Charlotte, with her two boys born by caesarian, Double Trouble (because he was twice the size of his brother and causing all the problems with the birth) and Dynamo (because the minute the vet pulled him out he went scooting around the surgery).

Pics_for_Cattle_today_804.JPG

The zipper - 12 stitches

Pics_for_Cattle_today_807.JPG

The slice n dice family is doing really, really well. Amazingly better than expected, seeing as I thought I'd end up with a dead doe and two dead kids. And the bill only $380.

TNMasterBeefProducer":bh50w931 said:
380.00 Isnt that more than goats are worth. I know boers sale for about 150 bucks around here.

Apparently he doesn't think so or he would not have done it, Besides he is not from around YOUR parts. :D (probabally glad too )

hopalong":3lre5i1s said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":3lre5i1s said:
380.00 Isnt that more than goats are worth. I know boers sale for about 150 bucks around here.

Apparently he doesn't think so or he would not have done it, Besides he is not from around YOUR parts. :D (probabally glad too )
i bet the goats are :p ...but east tennesee has some beautiful country.

TN, she is a South African Fullblood and here fullblood does are worth at the lowest $500 (if you sell export). Add to that she is a show goat and her worth goes up to about $800. The two buck kids are worth around about the same, $500 to $800 apiece. When I called the vet I was just hoping that he could save the doe, I didnt really care about the kids, when they came out alive it was an added bonus. Even with saving the doe it would have made it worth the money. If none had survived ... well that would have been a shitty day with the bill on top of it.

And hopalong ... I'm a she :oops:

you can say that again, hills. Those photos were about 4 or 5 days after the caesar - you should see them now. Its funny they are two different sorts of goat - DT is a tall stretchy sort of buck while Dynamo is smaller but really thickset. They are growing out so well they are bigger than some of the other kids that are older than them. No set back whatsoever.

Keren":14m44xmz said:
TN, she is a South African Fullblood and here fullblood does are worth at the lowest $500 (if you sell export). Add to that she is a show goat and her worth goes up to about $800. The two buck kids are worth around about the same, $500 to $800 apiece. When I called the vet I was just hoping that he could save the doe, I didnt really care about the kids, when they came out alive it was an added bonus. Even with saving the doe it would have made it worth the money. If none had survived ... well that would have been a shitty day with the bill on top of it.

And hopalong ... I'm a she :oops:

My apoligies :oops: no insult was directed at you.

Latest posts