Cactus ropes

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
Bought a calf rope yesterday, best feeling rope I ever had the minute I untied it..how do they hold up?. Always used kings in the past.but had to break them in on the dummy a few days before I got them broke in enough, but lasted till they were slick as glass...

ALACOWMAN":2ym3gwej said:
Bought a calf rope yesterday, best feeling rope I ever had the minute I untied it..how do they hold up?. Always used kings in the past.but had to break them in on the dummy a few days before I got them broke in enough, but lasted till they were slick as glass...

I'd be interested in knowing the model. I've thrown the destiny since they first came out. They hold up well, but the honda wants to turn. I zip tie mine down every night.

I like the Viper by classic, equally. Bought 6 this morning :shock:

It's a double SS.. All my heading ropes are classics...don't calf rope anymore.but wanted one to practice on the dummy and pasture rope calves when I need to..

We have a dummy ropin shoot out in our garage almost nightly in the winter. Got three kids. Me and them rope in succession. You hit, your still in. Last one in wins a dollar. We're playin for my dollar ofcourse, I like to keep it, and they like to win it. Gets pretty competitive.

I liked Cactus. I was using the Bad Boy heel rope, and another, when I quit going. The other, it was purple or blue I believe, Hypnotic maybe? I liked them both. Great ropes.

We use mostly Willard calf ropes and they seem to hold up pretty good. I've used all different ones but usually end up buying a Willard again. The double s I had wasn't to bad. It was wearing out pretty quick and then I got in a little wreck and had to cut it and I've never had one since.

Ojp6":3qx3xqc8 said:
We use mostly Willard calf ropes and they seem to hold up pretty good. I've used all different ones but usually end up buying a Willard again. The double s I had wasn't to bad. It was wearing out pretty quick and then I got in a little wreck and had to cut it and I've never had one since.

Grabbed 3 willards the other day. I like em.