Cabbage

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
Anyone have access to cabbage. I have been feeding cabbage leaves and heads left over from the packing house down the road. I don't where else they grow cabbage but the cows love it. It has really helped with my liquid feed bills. I am using much less liquid feed.

The packing house wants to get rid of it and my cows love it.

You probably wouldn't want to feed it to dairy cows though.

Yeah, I got lucky this year so far. The cabbage is helping with my hay situation also. I didn't get but one cut and it wasn't that great due to drought.

My cows prefer Collards. ;-)

When I give them Cabbage, they won't eat it until I top it with some coleslaw dressing. :cry2:

MikeC":2qp1ub5j said:

When I give them Cabbage, they won't eat it until I top it with some coleslaw dressing. :cry2:

Mine prefer it boiled but I ain't boiling it for them. :D

HERE IN SW FLA. WE JUST PICK THE WILD ORANGES AND THROW THEM OVER THE FENCE.

MikeC":lgzrc80b said:

Next year I was thinking of mixing collards, mustard and purple top turnips in with the rape and give it a whirl. Can't hurt.

Collards, cabbage, rape, turnip greens...all good...just don't be standing behind her when she decides to cough. :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus, what type of rape did you plant? I've heard of Perfect Fit Brassicas but thats about it.

I have heard the oldtimers around here say that mustard greens would kill a cow . I have never seen it myself but i an't going to let my cows in the mustard patch to see. The same oldtimers would feed cows turnips and the greens.

Latest posts