CAB YG 4 Update

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR

Reaction score
I e-mailed him again just to clarify his last response concerning if CAB boutght any YG4s for any reason at all.

I think he is being very clear here. CAB has not accepted any YG4's for any reason.

Stephen,
No YG 4s have been accepted into CAB. That would require a
specification change with USDA and no change has been made. Because of the evolution in fabrication styles at the packing plant and all product being sold today as "closely trimmed", the question has been raised as to if the current specification of 'YG 3.9 or better' is the best way to protect our end-users from variations in cutability. The CAB program has never and will never make a specification change based on growing
supply. Any change will be to improve the value of the product offered to the consumer.

Thanks again for your questions.?

Best regards,

Mark A. McCully
Director, Supply Development
Certified Angus Beef LLC

Thanks for the update. I hope they don't start taking YG4s, but it's good to see demand is still up. They took quite a hit when Japan stopped taking our beef. I did read they're going to start taking some now though. Hopefully, some of it will be CAB.

We had a nice "cool" front come through last night. It's not 90 degrees yet. That's a nice change from the past week.

Latest posts