Buyer Gifts

Help Support CattleToday:

WarriorPatriot

Reaction score
What are some good things for buyer gifts after auction? What do you all give? I'm running out of ideas... :lol: There's always that nice plaque with you and your animal pictured and a thank you letter, but I think buyers expect a lot more nowadays. ;-)

we always give a poratble cooler with cold drinks in it as well as a basket of snacks so that they can eat and drink in the stands and then usually a set of BBQ sauces, then a thank-you letter, and then about two months later we send another thank-you letter

well not many people in my county do buyers gifts anymore but i always do one and put like for my pig a do a basket with bbq sauce some grilling tools maybe a stuffed pig i do alot of different things .for my steer i do steak sauce i think last year i did the steak sauce with a cutting board with steak knifes but i always theme mine the last ones i did were red white and blue they had some fake flowers in those colors and some ribbon in the colors to
hope that helpd ya

Maybe offer a give a way drawing for a weekend trip to a nice place near you For Me Living In CALIFORNIA I Would Choose Las Vegas

A cooler with some stuff in it sounds kinda cool. Along with sauces and everything else you'd need after you buy that steer. :)

I'm surprised not that many people do buyers gifts anymore, I think a lot of times it can mean someone coming back to buy an animal from you next year or not buying one again. Our buyers should be encouraged to keep doing what they do or else, who's going to buy them.

cowboyup216":13gb2n02 said:
Your cattle should be good enough to keep them coming back irregardless. I think a simple note should suffice. If you sale them good stock the only incentive they should need to come back and buy from you is that they bought a producer that works well for them, is healthy, has no disposition problems. Most of the cattlemen I know could give a dang less about a thank you note or what not. As long as the cow is producing for them and stays healthy and is an easy keeper they keep coming back to buy from me again and again.

I think that this question is about the youth auction at a county fair.

This is where they dont actually get to keep the animal right? Or do they get to keep it. I know from listneing to 4h'rs around here talking they usually pay a lot more than the animal might really be worth.

At our county fair the buyer has the option to keep the animal to eat, resale and have the diference billed to them or donate the animal to some group and be billed the whole amount.

Our buyers have the choice of keeping the live animal (except the grand and reserve in each species), having it sent for processing, or donating it back. They spent a whopping $725,000 at our auction last year on about 350 animals. The support for the kids in this county is amazing. I would never consider not giving a gift basket as well as a thank you card. The quality of the product alone does not in anyway express sufficiently how much we appreciate the support. We have had cattle sell for as much as $6.50 per pound. Our buyers deserve something extra and we are happy to give it.

hraz":dq3kcp6q said:
Our buyers have the choice of keeping the live animal (except the grand and reserve in each species), having it sent for processing, or donating it back. They spent a whopping $725,000 at our auction last year on about 350 animals. The support for the kids in this county is amazing. I would never consider not giving a gift basket as well as a thank you card. The quality of the product alone does not in anyway express sufficiently how much we appreciate the support. We have had cattle sell for as much as $6.50 per pound. Our buyers deserve something extra and we are happy to give it.

What county are you showing? I'm showing at Maricopa in April, I'll be selling my Hamp ewe and I'm not sure about my little steer yet.

I may give a nice gift basket with a framed picture of me and my animal and a couple other things. I see a lot of mugs and quick stuff people probably think "This will do." Then you see other things that light up the buyers face, that's the best.

Last year we did a Sculpted Marble Cutting Board in the shape of the animal that was being bought. It's a very different kind of gift from anything else I've seen. I've seen other's that have given out giant gift baskets. Don't know what I'm gonna do this year.

In my opinion-

4-H Sale: DEFINITLY Buyer Gifts. Really teaches the kids respect/thankfulness.

Purebred Cattle Sale 100+ Head: A simple thank you note is enough.

Our county fair has a buyer's thank you dinner -prior to the sale. Roast a hog or two with the associated sides. Then most all the kids place a thank you ad in the local paper. We always sent thank you letters as well.

Latest posts