Busy Now

Help Support CattleToday:

Randi

Reaction score
24 cows calved in the last 48 hours or so... 2 sets of twins, one out of a heifer, she's a super Mama, took to them both, but we pulled one off of her. The other set, one was unwanted, not really sure who it's mama was. But all are healthy. Pulled 4 calves last night....one out of a heifer that was just a bit too big, easy pull though. A really big backwards one out of an older cow (124 lbs) and then 2 heifers, 1 with a leg back, the other was jut not coming quite straight. Both heifers would have easily had them on their own otherwise (wish that would have happened @ 3AM this morning!)

Plus another set of twins a couple days ago, but at least that mama can handle them both, at least for a bit.... Going to sell at least one of the extra twins...

66 calves on the ground now, and things are going to be busy for a while.

Maybe I'll have time to snap some photos in the near future :cboy:

About 420. We are custom calving a bunch, and we took some cows on shares from a friend, they calve starting the end of Apr. We will be busy for a while.

Of our own cows we have 50 calved out of 180 but they are just hitting the middle of the first cycle, the custom cows are just getting started.

I can't imagine what it must be like!... well.. NEVER A DULL MOMENT!
I'm glad it's going good for you so far... Around here they seem to come in spurts.. the first 4 were pretty much within 48 hours.. then wait a week, 3 of them in 24 hours.. wait another week by the look of it and have another flood

Latest posts