Busy Bug

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I had some berries in the freezer and asked The Bug if she wanted to use them to make jellies and such. She liked the idea and she and a friend set about to making some jam, jelly and syrup.

In what seemed like no time they had put this together which she will give friends and neighbors at Christmas.

Watching them work made me hungry so in an effort to insure quality control I sampled some of the strawberry and blackberry syrup on some Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.

Totally envious of "the bug" and your "kitchen" Jo .

Fantastic job girls ! That is not an easy task , and it can be quite tedious . Very impressive :tiphat:

If I was a lot younger you would have a son-in-law. A young lady that is pretty, nice, works hard, shoots, cooks, what else could anyone ask for.

Looks great Bug! Jo please remember I'm left coast time, just finished dinner, I have berries but no ice cream! Damm you! :lol: Looks great ice cream tomorrow. :tiphat:

Thanks. The Bug is really becoming a good cook. She's getting her basics down and she isn't afraid to experiment. Kenny, she's can also do a ten inch group at 900 yards. :lol2:

The berry honey/syrup was fantastic.

Thanks Layne. Its taken a lot of baby steps to get this far. Finally made it through most of the gov't hoops and even have some stuff in two stores but wholesaling is not what I want to do.

Jogeephus":1f3qw8w9 said:
Thanks. The Bug is really becoming a good cook. She's getting her basics down and she isn't afraid to experiment. Kenny, she's can also do a ten inch group at 900 yards. :lol2:

The berry honey/syrup was fantastic.

Thanks Layne. Its taken a lot of baby steps to get this far. Finally made it through most of the gov't hoops and even have some stuff in two stores but wholesaling is not what I want to do.
Maybe I dont need to be younger after all. I have a couple of 900 yard rifles but I am not the person to make them look good. You, im sure, are very proud to have a daughter like her instead of a lot of the ones you see her age.

Smart girls! It all looks delicious, especially that ice cream with strawberry syrup! That would be to die for!

I am proud of her and blessed to have her. She has a really level head and a huge heart. I do hope one day she finds someone who is down to earth and owns a few rifles and drives a truck.

Williamsv":3ojo4bca said:
Smart girls! It all looks delicious, especially that ice cream with strawberry syrup! That would be to die for!

It was actually strawberry and blackberry syrup. That was my bowl and I couldn't decide so I poured both. Just wish the doctor told me I needed to gain 20 lbs because this stuff would make the chore easy. :lol2:

very nice Jo you are very proud im sure and like others have said if I had a kitchen like that I would camp out in there.

I can't hardly make the day without finishing it off with Bluebell. The only thing I could see making it any better is the Bug's syrup. Well homemade peach cobbler ain't all bad.

Girls look to have done very well Jo. Need to coach her on filling the syrup bottles with even amounts. That way there is always plenty of small samples for the ice cream.

Latest posts